Wednesday, July 23, 2008

So, what kinda sleeping pill can I give my 3 year old??


It's funny how when you have two children, how different they can be from each other. As new parents who wanted a baby so badly, I made sure I spent every waking (and sometimes sleeping) moment with my first born, Madelyn. I would hold her, rock her to sleep, sing to her at night and the moment she would make the smallest whimper, I'd be at her beckoning call. All of that, which I thought was a wonderful thing to do for your child, has truly come pack to bite me in the ass.

Madelyn, although is the sweetest most stubborn child in the world, doesn't sleep well. She goes to bed much later than the average 3 year old and it takes forever to get that child to sleep at night. We've fought with her, bribe her, sung to her, threatened her, anything to try to get her off to bed. We've tried sweetly to get her to sleep and we've tried letting her CIO. We've tried the "Super Nanny" approach and sticking to a nighttime routine. Once that works and she's asleep, it's not too long when she gets up several times a night to walk into our bedroom to try to sleep with us in our bed. Everytime, we walk her back into her room and get her back in her bed and soon after, here she comes again. This goes on every single night and has gotten worse in the last few months. She has her three year check up tomorrow and I'm up for any suggestions that we HAVEN'T ALREADY TRIED they might have.


Hmm...(((scratching head))) I wonder what kinda sleeping pills I can sneak into her nightly sippy cup. J/K of course..or am I???

No comments: